Friday, June 22, 2012

"Yum Yum" Mini Album: by Wendy Morris


Hello Hello! 

Wendy here with a "yum yum" blog post for ya' this Friday!
Super excited to share up my "yummy" mini for all you foodies out there near, far, and wide...domestic & global & all cultures!  Come & unite!


A bit into my inspo....I've globe trotted in my full-time work as audit manager and travel quite a bit and in that piece of life I get to sample and try new foods at some pretty neat places...cubby holes I would normally pass by but locals rave for me to try + lots of international travels that just swoon the taste buds with some amazing flavors!  I pinch myself often for all the wonderful experiences, travels, and of course, incredible food!

So, without further ado, here's my mini, "Yum Yum".  I'll share a bit here & there into my creative & inspiration process in putting it together.

Enjoy!



Here I used stamps onto the cardboard and splattered mist/paint for added interest.


Sweet memories of cafes and beautiful restaurants in Italy. 
Nothing like a finished plate as a beautiful remembrance of that amazing meal.
I focus on lots of details in my projects and really using these details to draw out the memories from the photos.



The perfect Italian cappucino...need I say more.  Yep, straight to the heart of goodness.




Sweet tea (with ice, please), that's how we do it in the South (and a Mason jar makes it even a bit more comfy).  I made a play on the Southern states with the random splash of States stamps here.  Splashes of coordinating bling and pearls add a bit of charm to this page and all the pages in this mini.



Krispy Kreme doughnuts. You know when the "light is on". Fresh, hot, and oh.so.good.  and you HAVE to whiz into the drive thru or pop in for a "hot off the press" doughnut.



After dinner, a bit of Limoncello in Italy. A bit of that "warmth-sour-sweet-kick". And "the boy" likes the licorice. {insert my face..bleckk}




Bagels in NYC. Even better straight in a NYC diner. Oh, yes.  The fast pace, the greasy smells, the entire city vibe. Love it.



Paella in Madrid, Spain. Heavenly.  A bit of Sangria is nice too and better when enjoyed with local friends in the local plazas and people watching and chatting.


Here I used mini popsicle sticks to play on the ice cream theme to this page. Fun fun!



Love love the risotta in Italy!  My boyfriend is Italian (and currently lives in Austria) and we recently were in Italy this April for a mini vacation and had this amazing risotta with squid and shrimp at a quaint & cozy restaurant. So yummy!



When in NYC, definitely make a "pit stop" at Crumbs! Holy gosh goodness in cupcake sin!
Voted "NYC's Best Cupcakes"!  I think they run a very close vote to Magnolia Bakery in NYC (in my opinion).  Just try both places and you'll be a super happy cupcake lover (or easily converted).






I live in the South (aka Alabama) on the Bay and it's all about some hotness & sunshine but I'm lucky to live a few hours from New Orleans (aka NOLA). Love it when crawfish boils are in full season! Don't knock them until you try them.  All about the technique & oh so spicy & good in NOLA with some corn on the cob, potatoes, and sausage!  

Now that I've made you hungry...ha...hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my foodie travels.

Supplies:
  • Paper: My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, 7 Gypsies, Echo Park
  • Rubons: Studio Calico, SEI, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Creative Imaginations
  • Thickers: American Crafts
  • Flair Badges & Buttons: American Crafts, Studio Calico
  • Stamps: Studio Calico, Unity Stamp Co, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Hero Arts, Technique Tuesday, Hampton Art
  • Mist: Studio Calico
  • Mini Wood Popsicle Sticks: Treehouse Studio
  • Mini Glitter Heart: Recollections
  • Ink: Clearsnap, Ranger
  • Tapes: K&Co Smash, Advantus-Tim Holtz, Cavallini & Co.
  • Wood Veneer Shapes:  Studio Calico
  • File Tabs: K&Co Smash, http://alifehandmade.bigcartel.com/, http://www.shopevalicious.com/ 
  • Pearls & Bling: Want2Scrap
  • Tiny Attacher Stapler: Advantus-Tim Holtz
  • Wood Bingo Numbers: Maya Road, Advantus-Tim Holtz
  • Metal Photo Corner: American Crafts
  • Vintage Typewriter


4 comments:

  1. You created an AWESOME album Wendy; very hip and filled with delightful details! I love it and am inspired to make a foodie-type album myself. Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy- LOVE this book- such a great idea! fabulous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your albums Wendy! So much fun packed into every one!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover