Wednesday, September 28, 2011

October....Here We Come!




YES….it is almost here…
There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October." - Nathaniel Hawthorne

In celebration of the upcoming month I have created a fun tutorial using great products.Want2Scrap™ products.
I started by using SpellbindersGrand Calibur™ and Classic Squares Large die templates that I inked the edges and create a grid pattern on my patterned paper background.


Then used Clearsnap Smooch Spritz by Donna Salazar I gave the paper a splattered aged look to add interest.



Next I added my photo that I matted with cardstock.



I then cut one edge off of one page of Want2Scrap™ Grand Album Labels One.



Using Beacon Liquid Laminate I adhere a paper doily to the chipboard and then Spritz with Smooch Spritz.. Tuck behind photo on left side and adhere.



I repeated the spritz on the Chipboard Embellishment Style B only I sponged a bit of brown ink in random places before spritzing. Adhere as shown to the upper left hand corner of the photo.



Using an empty spritz bottle I added a little of Beacon’s Liquid Laminate and a little of Clearsnap Spritz by Donna Salazar in Evergreen and spritzed the Nestaboard™ Fancy Tags Two and sprinkled with Clearsnap’s Fairy Dust glitter by Donna Salazar.






I embellished the chipboard with Want2Scrap™ WONDERFUL Bling!!




I added my final details…..




and now I get to enjoy this wonderful October memory….so many memories….we think we will not forget but we do. Write them down. You can use them on a layout or project but most of all you will have that wonderful book of memories to go back to and for a moment be transported back to that moment in time when that memory happened. The only thing more wonderful than a memory is creating new memories.


For my layout I used:

.






Cross Promotional Products Used:

Other:

Clearsnap: Smooch Spritz and Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna Salazar

Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye and Basic Grey

Remember to cherish those you love. Remember to say thank you when someone does something kind for you. It is only two words and only takes seconds to say but the feeling it will give that person can only be matched by your appreciation for what they do for you.


I appreciate you. I am so thankful you came to see my creation. I am thankful to Want2Scrap™ for having such wonderful products and an amazing group to work with. This fall let’s really take a step towards sharing thankfulness and doing things to make people thankful.

I hope you are having a fantastic week and are enjoying fall where ever you are.

Until next time….Be Creative!


4 comments:

  1. thats a beautiful layout. I haven't used any type of spritz or mist before, I may have to give it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo....I love this page! I love the spritzing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy GORGEOUS and marvelously techniqued out SPLENDOR! THIS is a WONDERFUL layout and FANTASTIC showcase for product {*swoon!*} and your wonderful talent! FABULOUS inspiration, Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover