Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Peaceful Garden


Hi there! I am over the moon to bring you a project using fabulous Want2Scrap™ products teamed up with our new Cross Promotional Partner, Eco Green Crafts™! Be sure and check out their products. I love that they are designing with a "green" philosophy.


You can be sure I was flipping in excitement over their gorgeous vintage styled stamps like the images I used here from their Garden Chic set. Acrylic Paint in generously sized tubes is another star from Eco Green. For this project I used the gorgeous Butternut and White paints. Check out how I used them to distress some brand spankin new Nestaboard™.....


I started with a small splotch of Butternut near the center of the Nestaboard™ and used a stiff bristled brush to spread the paint outward towards the edges. I purposely left some of the Nestaboard™ Labels Fourteen exposed giving it a weathered look.


Next comes a layer of White paint. Load up a flat bristled paint brush with a minimal amount of paint.


Use a light hand and drag the paint brush from the outside edge of the Nestaboard™ towards the inside. It will add a white washed look to the Nestaboard™ and also the first layer of Butternut paint.


Next I used the Paris Trunk "Walnut" dye based ink from Eco Green to stamp the floral image over the painted and dried Nestaboard™.


Stamping the Walnut ink over the acrylic paint and the exposed Nestaboard™ gave a happy result....the "walnut" color used in this way is a dead ringer for the Nestaboard™ base color so it produced what looks like a custom print growing right out of the Nestaboard™. LOVE that! The pop and pizazz to this piece is provided happily by the Nestabling™ Labels Fourteen Lime Green.


I have recently been loving making my own tapes using masking tape, permanent ink like Staz On and stamps. I love that I can make just what I need for my project for pennies.


Getting borders that span the width of a card can be tricky! Use a grid paper to help line it up just right.


Coming down to the final parts and pieces to this card...a little foam tape on the back of a stamped and fussy cut butterfly helps give some 3-D action.


The gorgeous stamped images from Eco Green are the perfect canvas for some 72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive.


Viewing things from the side, I just love the dimension that the gorgeous Want2Scrap™ products add to the equally gorgeous Eco Green products. And check out how perfectly the Nestabling™ borders the Nestaboard™!


Thanks so much for joining me in the garden today. :)


Want2Scrap™ Products used:
Nestaboard™ Labels Fourteen
Nestabling™ Labels Fourteen Lime Green
72 Count - White Pearls - Self Adhesive.

Cross Promotional Products used:
Eco Green Crafts™ Paris Trunk™ Dye Inks
Eco Green Crafts™ Acrylic Paint Tubes
Eco Green Crafts™ Stamps
Beacon Adhesive Zip Dry

Other Products:
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Stampin Up! and Staz On
Masking tape

5 comments:

  1. I am simply all a-flutter with this sensational infusion of spring and everything artsy and painty and WONDERFUL ideas and helpful inspiration a-plenty! THIS is outstanding, sweet DANA! This project just makes me want to play hookie from my WICKED to-do list and get my BLING on, today! Wahoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Dana!!! I love that whitewashed look!!! Must try that!!! Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana another stunning creation, love all the attention to detail my friend you are truly a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never fail to amaze me Dana! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sample and great tutorial.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover