Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blinged out Bookmark

Hey everyone! It's Melissa here and I wanted to share a different way to use your bling, aside from on paper! I was recently inspired by some bookmarks I recently found in a Country Living magazine and wanted to create my own, with, of course, some handy dandy bling. :)


So I have an excess stash of these little acrylic tags and thought I could stamp a sentiment right behind them on some patterned paper for a pretty focal point to my bookmark. The bling from Want 2 Scrap adhered soooo beautifully right to the top of the acrylic, and let me tell you, they are not budging!


So pretty right?? :)

It may be painfully obvious how we apply our bling to items, but I just wanted to share a bit of the method to my madness. :)


First off, a picture of the bling I used, a package of the Pink Rhinestones, Silver Rhinestones, and my already finished tag ready for embellishing.

And as you can see here, I never even touch the bling with my fingers at all. I use a "Quicker Poker Picker Upper" by QuicKutz to pick up my bling off from the adhered sheet and then apply it directly to my desired location. I like to do this, first off, so I don't get the adhesive untacked from any dirt or crafty sediment already attached to my fingers :) and so that that adhesive stays perfectly intact to the bling. Works just perfectly!


And voila, you are all done! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this little bit of information. :) Remember, you can always add bling to your 3d projects for added sparkle!

4 comments:

  1. Simple yet stunning, I love that bling, thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tool is cool ... like you! That bookmak would make the perfect gift! Remind me to send you my address *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And tell us more about those acrylic tags! Did you have to cut the paper to fit it? How did you stamp on the paper and then adhere it to the tag? What is the tag brand? This would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh... MYYYYYYYYYY.... GOOOOODNESSSSS! This is a BRILLIANT medley of ideas! That TAG is the STUFF right off the pages of Country Living {!} SWOON! Oh, I love it, I love IT sooooo! This darling little hunk of elegance is a fantastic canvas for the BRILLIANT ways the perfect amount of BLING can positively MAKE a bauble into pure TREASURE! ABSOLUTELY stunning use of materials, dear, TALENTED girl! I can't WAIT to "bling-lift" your gorgeous idea! Thanks for the terrific inspo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover