Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Growing Up 4-H

Hi there!  Dana here with a layout using Want 2 Scrap bling, ribbon and laser die cuts!  I was overjoyed to find that Want 2 Scrap carries 4-H die cuts.  4-H is a youth organization that my girls are currently involved in and one I enjoyed for 10 years as a youngster and am now back in the parent volunteer roll as their Arts and Crafts leader.  They also happen to be involved in the Rabbit project as well as the Cooking project this year.  Check out these darling bunnies with my darling girls!
 
I wanted to showcase these treasured pictures using Want 2 Scraps laser cuts that closely represent the official 4-H logo.  It is many times difficult to find such a thing for organizations like 4-H, Girls Scouts, etc.  I balanced the official looking logo and the ledger paper elements with lots of girlie touches like ruffled ribbon, pearl bling, scallops, doily, and new papers from the Cosmo Delovely collection.  The backdrop 12x12 DP is from K&Co and is part of their Girl Scouts collection.
 
The ribbon ruffle can be easily accomplished using a strip of high tack adhesive and then finger folding and tacking the ribbon at various spots along the strip of tape.  For a "flatter" ruffle fold ribbon, add bits of liquid fabric glue (I'm a fan of Fabri-tac) under the folds or perhaps a glue dot.  And check out the green pearl bling!  Isn't it wonderful??

 
Here's close-up of the large die cut 4-H clover.  The smaller 4-H clovers actually come in a strip but I could easily seperate them into individuals with a snip of my scissor.  For tons of unique laser cut shapes, be sure to visit the Laser Designs area of Want2Scrap.

Thanks so much for coming by today! 

 

2 comments:

  1. The colors are spectacular with this adorable layout.Great pictures and such a wonderful time to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so pretty! I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover